Monday 30 September 2013

Stupid colleague caused our arrest –Suspect

Posted by hypeexclusive on 03:46 with No comments

Some robbery suspects engaged in a war of
words on Thursday at the Lagos State Police
Command headquarters.
The suspects, who were recently arrested by
the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, traded
blames over who caused their arrest.
PUNCH Metro learnt that the suspects, Fatai
Balogun, Wale Oluwatosin and Gbenga
Olusanya, were arrested shortly after robbing
a family in the Iju, Ishaga area of the state.
Police authorities said after the robbery, the
suspects shared the loot and went their
separate ways.
Oluwatosin was, however, spotted while hiding
his gun at the backyard of his house.
An eyewitness was said to have reported to
the police and Oluwatosin was arrested. It was
learnt that through his confessional
statement, the police apprehended his
colleagues.
One of the suspects, Balogun, who claimed to
be a barber, said he regretted following
Oluwatosin for the robbery.
He said, “He (Oluwatosin) is a very stupid boy.
He is just 20-years-old and I see him like a
younger brother because we grew up in the
same area. Some days ago, he told me that
there was a man in the area drove a nice car
and he had studied the man’s movements.
“We got guns and when it was midnight, we
stormed the house. We stole about N500,000
and I felt this was enough, but Oluwatosin was
not satisfied. He stole CDs, laptops, seven
mobile phones, video games and other items
that we did not need.
“Carrying such things around at night could
draw suspicion to us and I told him this but
he was too stubborn. As I predicted, he was
the one that caused our arrest. He is stupid.”
Another suspect, Olusanya, said he was not an
armed robber but a smuggler. He said he
knew the gang but had only followed them
for one operation.
He said, “I followed them for a robbery some
months ago but we did not succeed. On that
particular operation, we met policemen on
the road and decided to turn back. However,
the driver was drunk and we had an accident.
“We had to snatch another car which we used
to escape. After the unsuccessful robbery, I
went back to my smuggling business because I
felt those guys were not serious armed
robbers. They were too clumsy.”
Oluwatosin, who is the youngest among the
suspects, said he went into robbery so he
could impress the suspects.
He said the suspects usually gave him N7, 000
as an informant but he wanted to make more
money which made him to lead the operation.
He said, “I knew Balogun was an armed
robber and I looked up to him. He used to
give me N7,000 as an informant, but I felt I
could do more. I did not know I would get
caught after my first robbery.”
Deputy Police Public Rleations Officer,
Damasus Ozoani, said the suspects would
soon be charged to court.
Source: punchng

0 comments:

Post a Comment